Dr. Jose P. Rizal is my most favorite hero and my admired historical icon. I have read his book about his life more than 10 times. Yes 10x. I have been reading it since 2nd year highschool! And everytime I read it, it never fails to amaze me. I always have reasons to be proud of being a Filipino. Because Rizal is a Filipino.
Dr. Jose P. Rizal, would have turn 150 years old on June 19. He was born in 1861. In line with this, The Philippine Center for Gifted Education (PCGE), in cooperation with the National Historical Commission (NHC), the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCAA), the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) and the Tanghalang Pilipino (TP) will conduct the Selection of Youth Leaders for Rizal (Mga Makabagong Rizal: Pag-asa ng Bayan).
Thirty-Five (35) children and youth leaders will be selected who will commit themselves to the ideals of the national hero and to help elevate consciousness for a life of integrity, dignity, truth, honesty and love of country.
- Elementary Grade III-VI
- Secondary 1st year to 4th year high schools
- Tertiary – enrolled in tertiary or Voch-Tech programs
- Out-of-School Youth (OSY) who are enrolled in short term courses
Criteria for the selection of the children and youth leaders:
- Linguistic Intelligence
- Logical-Mathematical Intelligence
- Visual-Spatial Intelligence
- Musical Intelligence
- Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence
- Intepersonal (Social) Intelligence
- Intrapersonal Intelligence
- Naturalistic Intelligence
On June 17, 2011, these chosen leader will take oath as exemplars at the CCP, Metro Manila.
The committee is accepting nominations until April 30, 2011.
You can send your nominations to the ff institutions:
- Regional Development Councils
- Department of Education
- Commission on Higher Education
- Technical Education Skills Development Authority
- Philippine Sports Commission
- Samahang Pisika ng Pilipinas
- Mathematical Society of the Philippines
- Boyscout of the Philippines
- National Council for Disability Affairs
- National Commission for Indigenous Peoples
- Carlos Palanca Foundation
Or you can send to
Room 105 College of Education, UP Diliman, Q.C.
If you want a copy of the final details of the procedure leave a comment below or send me an email at email@example.com I already got one from them and I will be glad to forward it to you. I am online everyday so I should be able to reply within the day
Or you may contact Ms. Leticia Penano-Ho
President, Philipine Center for Gifted Education, Inc.
Telephone # (02) 544-0352;
Mobile #: 0917-539-4882; 09059140352
From her I got the copy of the final details of procedure in selecting Youth Leaders for Rizal.
Or you may download it here.