Note: There were applicants selected already and had started the summer job. Please check DepEd’s Facebook for more information.
I never had the opportunity to experience summer jobs. I could not exactly recall why. It wouldn’t be difficult for me to get one I believe, because we had friends working in the city government. One of our close friends used to be the Vice Mayor of my hometown. Probably I was just so lazy to apply. Hence, I miss this summer experience in College.
In DepEd’s (Department of Education) press release dated March 28, 2011, it announced that DepEd CENTRAL OFFICE is opening slots for summer jobs to students.
- must be at least 15 years old but not more than 25 years old
- combined annual net income of parents should not be more than P143,000.00
- average passing grade during the last school/term attended
- applicants must possess office skills
- resume w/ 2×2 picture
- photocopy of birth certificate
- photocopy of certification of school’s registrar as to the applicant’s last enrollment and passing grade or copy of the orginal class cards or Form 138
- photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of both parents or photocopy of BIR certification that both parents are exempted from payment of tax
For Out of School Youth:
- a photocopy of the certificate of good moral character issued by the authorized barangay official where the OSY resides
- during office hours from March 29 – April 1, 2011 everyday including Saturdays
Office of Executive Director Joey G. Pelaez of the DepEd
Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA),
Ground Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Pasig City.
After submitting the requirements, interview will follow.
For inquiries and additional information, log on to http://www.deped-csca.com or like the DepEd CSCA Facebook Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/csca.deped) or call telephone number 636-3603.
Note: If you are not residing in Metro Manila, please contact your local DepEd office to inquire if they are also offering summer jobs.