PROJECT INSPIRE: 5 Minutes to Change the World, a joint initiative by UN Women and MasterCard, celebrates 100 years of International Women’s Day and the 25th anniversary of MasterCard in Asia.
- 18 – 15 years old
- passionate about making a positive and lasting impact on the lives of underprivileged women and girls
- Come up with a life-changing idea to empower women and girls in a disadvantaged community within Asia/Pacific, Middle East & Africa that you would go out and implement.
- Create your 5-minute pitch – video preferably, or a 2-page written submission.
- Make sure you’ve covered these in your pitch:
1. What is your inspirational idea?
2. How will your project change the lives of women and girls in the short and long term?
3. How will you/your team carry out the project?
4. Explain how the US$25,000 grant will be used to carry out your project, including project costs and expenses
5. How will you measure the success of the project?
- Tell everyone you know about it. Inspire them. And if you get selected for the final shortlist of 10, ask them to vote for you!
- Visit www.5MinutestoChangetheWorld.org from 8 March to 30 June 2011 and complete the submission form with a link to your pitch video or written submission.
- Upload your video pitch to any popular video website (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Truveo, Youku). Make sure to include ‘Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World’ and www.5MinutestoChangetheWorld.org in your video description. OR for written submissions, please make sure it’s in Microsoft Word format.