Kuwentong Kabayanihan is a competition geared towards promoting patriotic citizenship among Filipinos. With the theme “Every Filipino is a hero. Every Filipino is part of the solution,” the contest emphasizes the CSC’s R.A.C.E. to serve—towards a Responsive, Accessible, Courteous and Effective Public Service, and Kabayanihan Foundation’s concept of being a ‘kabayani’ by showing love for country in doing small, consistent acts of heroism.
- The contest is open to amateur groups and individual filmmakers.
- There is no limit as to the number of entries per individual/group.
- No fee is required to join.
- The theme for the videos is: “Every Filipino is a hero. Every Filipino is part of the solution.”
- Videos that will move ordinary Filipinos to act on the most pressing concerns in their immediate fields/circles/areas of influence.
- Videos that will stir every Filipino to do something concrete for the country.
- The video should be strictly 30-40 seconds long.
- The video entry must be the contestant’s original material.
- There is no limit as to the style of the video.
- It may be an animation, documentary or commercial video, among others.
- A submission is acceptable as long as it is clear, intelligible, and not offensive to common law decency.
- Entries may be submitted in English or Filipino.
- Entries that use other Filipino dialects must be subtitled in either English or Tagalog.
- Accepted video formats are .avi, .mpeg, .mp4, or any type that is compatible for upload in YouTube and Facebook.
- Entries must be submitted between: May 18 – October 15, 2011.
- Cash prizes and fun prizes will be given to the Champion, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner-up, as well as to special awards winners: CSC Awards and People’s Choice Award.
- Regular Awards
- Champion: P20,000
- 1st Runner-up: P10,000
- 2nd Runner-up: P 7,000