Reposting from Ayala Museum Facebook account.
THE AYALA MUSEUM VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
(Guidelines as of May 27, 2011. Download application form here: http://www.ayalamuseum.org/images/downloads/volunteer%20program_application%20form.xls)
The Ayala Museum, one of the leading private museums in the country, is always on the lookout for dedicated individuals who have an enthusiasm for history and art and who would like to share their passion with other people. Volunteers can contribute to the Museum in different ways such as: providing customer service, giving facilitated tours, assisting in art workshops, supporting in administrative tasks, and more. In turn, they will be able to have the rare opportunity to experience and learn what goes on behind-the-scenes in the museum’s numerous programs and events.
TASKS OF A VOUNTEER:
- VISITOR SERVICES
- To ensure that all visitors will have a wonderful and rich experience when they visit, the museum offers customer care at the information desk. Visitor services include greeting and welcoming guests at the counter, selling tickets, and providing basic information about the museum and the exhibits.
- The museum is a busy hub for different kinds of event from corporate events to exhibit openings. To help create a genial atmosphere, volunteers are tasked to assist the staff in greeting guests at the registration desk and to usher them to their proper seats. Please take note that museum events usually happens in the evening.
- SCHOOL TOURS
- The museum receives large groups of students from different school all over the Philippines. For them to have a smooth and worry-free tour of the museum, volunteers are tasked to assist the Audience Development Department in facilitating tours for these school groups. Responsibilities include giving introductions about the museum, stating the policies that should be followed inside the museum, and explaining the exhibits on each floor. Therefore, volunteers are required to have a basic knowledge of Philippine history and art.
- ART WORKSHOPS
- The museum workshops are a great opportunity for young and old alike to hone their skills and interests in the arts. Volunteers are expected to assist the staff in preparing materials for the different art workshops to make sure that each class would have everything they need. They are also required to help facilitate the workshops and to provide information about it when necessary.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers are required to complete a minimum of ten (10) hours volunteer service to officially become part of the volunteer program.
- A total of one hundred (100) hours is needed to avail of the free one-year museum membership and certificate of volunteership.
- Must be under 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must have an engaging personality and excellent communications skills. Knowledge on Museology, interest in teaching, and public service experience are helpful, but not a pre-requisite.
- Volunteers may also be asked to participate in different training programs provided by the museum.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
- Volunteer positions are open to college students and young professionals who are passionate about Philippine history and art.
- Prospective volunteers are required to submit an application form (downloadable via the Ayala Museum website), a letter of intention and a resume. All three forms are required and incomplete application forms will not be acknowledge. Applications must be submitted via email to:
Ms. Lilia Patricia T. Cornelio
Audience Development Associate
- You will receive a receipt of acknowledgement when you submit your application and will be called in for an interview once you’ve passed the application process.
For more details and inquiries, please call Ayala Museum at (632) 757-7117 to 21 local 24 or 35 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.